Students in years 7-9 graduate up into more senior productions which give them the opportunity to expand their skill set and enjoy a high level of cast camaraderie.
After over 20 years of experience the Broadway Team understand this very special time in a performer’s life where they are transitioning from childhood into their teenage years. A focus on inclusion, self esteem and championing each and every member of the cast is paramount to Curtain Call students’ success on stage and off.
The opportunities broaden in Curtain Call with all performers attending a Production Class and the option of adding a Level Up class and/or the Leadership Program.
PRODUCTION CLASS (1.5 hrs per week)
- Rehearse and perform in two full junior musicals per year,
- Scripts, rehearsal music and costume hire included.
- FREE Initial Broadway Academy uniform T-Shirt
- FREE Broadway Academy carry bag
LEVEL UP CLASS (1.5 hrs per week)
- Personalised and progressive training in singing, jazz dance and acting
- The opportunity to take Musical Theatre Group Exams with AMEB, Australia’s leading examination organisation. Progress through Grades 1-8 and onto Diploma of Performance and/or Diploma of Teaching in the future
- Perform in the Melbourne Junior Theatre Celebration in July
- Junior Theatre Celebration Registration Fee
- Opportunity to apply for the week-long Melbourne JTC Pilot Program – a week long experience with industry professionals, rehearsing and performing a brand new Broadway Jr musical
- ‘Level Up’ initial uniform element (dance singlet top or leotard)
- Vocal books, scripts and rehearsal music
- Taught by Broadway Academy Director, Rebecca Perry (BA/BTeach)
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM (Assistant Teaching)
- 2 hr leadership training per term
- Progress through 6 stages of leadership training
- Workbooks and resources
- Assist in a Junior Class each week
- To apply for the Leadership Program please send an email to the office email@example.com
Classes held in Mt Martha & Frankston, VIC.