Act 2 is a step up into more advanced class elements. Students learn how to develop characters through their voice and body and are given ample opportunity to form their own performance style.
All Act 2 students take a Production Class. Those who want to develop their technique and skills further add a Level Up Class as well.
PRODUCTION CLASS (1.5 hrs per week)
- Rehearse and perform in two full junior musicals per year,
- Scripts, rehearsal music and costume hire included.
- FREE Initial Broadway Academy uniform T-Shirt
- FREE Broadway Academy carry bag
LEVEL UP CLASS (1.5 hrs per week)
- Personalised and progressive training in singing, jazz dance and acting
- The opportunity to take Musical Theatre Group Exams with AMEB, Australia’s leading examination organisation. Progress through Grades 1-8 and onto Diploma of Performance and/or Diploma of Teaching in the future
- Perform in the Melbourne Junior Theatre Celebration in July
- Junior Theatre Celebration Registration Fee
- Opportunity to apply for the week-long Melbourne JTC Pilot Program – a week long experience with industry professionals, rehearsing and performing a brand new Broadway Jr musical
- ‘Level Up’ initial uniform element (dance singlet top or leotard)
- Vocal books, scripts and rehearsal music
- Taught by Broadway Academy Director, Rebecca Perry (BA/BTeach)
Act 2 children thrive on teamwork, new challenges and the thrill of performing.
Each class size is limited to give each and every performer an important role to play in their production. After 20 years of experience, the Broadway Team know just how to bring out the best in your child and this involves personal attention, a commitment to teamwork and opportunities to shine.
Classes held in Mt Martha, Tyabb & Frankston, VIC.